Chillers for industrial fluids MEC
The MEC series of self-contained chillers have been designed for cooling of
different fluids such as glycol and water mix, hydraulic oils, cutting fluids
for industrial applications.
The water chiller temperature range is from +5°C to +30°C.
The oil chiller temperature range is from +20°C to 45°C.
All units are suitable for ambient temperatures up to 40°C.
The following versions are available for each single unit:
- Version W is suitable for low viscosity fluids; it is not equipped
with any pump and tank;
- Version OP is suitable for medium viscosity fluids; it is not
equipped with any pump and tank;
- Version WP (for water) and Version OP (for oil) are equipped with a
pump and without a tank; they are suitable for working in open or closed loop
circuits which are complete with a tank (hydraulics, cutting oils, diathermic
- Version WVP is suitable only for water and low viscosity fluids;
these units are supplied with a tank and pump. The built-in open tank of the
WVP version is made of stainless steel and easy to clean. They are suitable for
working in closed loop circuits which do not provide a tank (high speed
spindles, spot welding machines, laser);
- Version EI is useful for cooling "dirty" fluids; It provides a
cleanable evaporator and is complete with a pump; it is supplied without any
Each unit is selected, according to the type of fluid, with a different evaporator enabling the highest machine performance and reliability:
- Finned coil evaporator plunged into a tank is suitable for units cooling
water, water and glycol mix or low viscosity fluids;
- Stainless steel brazed plate evaporator used in chillers without a tank for
cooling any clean fluid;
- Cleanable evaporator for “dirty” fluids.
The pump is selected according to the type of fluid to be cooled:
- Peripheral or centrifugal pump for water, water and glycol mix, other fluid